This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Website and Dr. Karlheinz Healthcare Ltd. the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means collectively all information that you submit to the Dr. Karlheinz® via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 12;
“Dr. Karlheinz® ”
meansDr. Karlheinz Healthcare Ltd. of 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, England ;
“UK and EU Cookie Law”
means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Dr. Karlheinz® and acting in the course of their employment; and
means the website that you are currently using (www.OrthodonticInstruments.com ) and any sub-domains of this site, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Scope of this Policy
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website from time to time:
- - Name
- - Date of birth
- - Gender
- - Job title
- - Profession
- - Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- - Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- - Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers
- - IP address (automatically collected)
- - Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- - Operating system (automatically collected)
Our Use Of Data
- - Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Dr. Karlheinz® fortwelve months.
- - Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Controlling Use of Your Data Clause, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- - All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. Fore more details on security see Clause 11 below.
- - Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- a) Internal record keeping
- b) Improvement of our products / services
- c) Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you
Third Party Websites and Services
- - Dr. Karlheinz® may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
- - Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Dr. Karlheinz® requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- - Dr. Karlheinz® may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Dr. Karlheinz®. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
Accessing your own Data
- - Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- a) Use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- b) Sharing Data with third parties.
Your Right to Withhold Information
- - You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you may be required to submit certain Data.
Controlling Use of Your Data
- - All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- - Before the Website places any Cookies on your computer, subject to sub-Clauses in this section, you will be presented with a popup message requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Dr. Karlheinz® to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- - Certain features of the Website depend upon Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings.
- - This Website uses analytics services provided by Google . Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how Users use the Website. This, in turn, enables us to improve the Website and the productsand services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of the Website it does enable us to continually improve our business.
- - You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- - You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
Transferring data internationally
- By using and/or shopping on the Website, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area ('EEA').
Payment Card details
- You may opt out from any email marketing by using the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the marketing emails.- You may opt out from any SMS marketing by using the suppression codes located on the marketing text messages.
- Phishing is a method used by fraudsters to deceive someone into giving sensitive information. Most of the time phishing will take the form of emails, which purport to be from well-known companies and ask recipients to send their private information. This information is then used for identity theft and fraud.
- Dr. Karlheinz®will only ask you to send personal details by email if it is responding to a query you have sent it online and these details are needed to answer your query properly. In this case, there will be a unique reference number in Dr. Karlheinz® email to you, which refers to your original query. Dr. Karlheinz®will never ask you to send any personal details by email unless you have contacted Dr. Karlheinz® first. If you have not contacted Dr. Karlheinz®, please ignore any email claiming to be from Dr. Karlheinz®, which asks for personal details, and let us know about it.
- If Dr. Karlheinz® ever requires your personal information other than when you have already contacted Dr. Karlheinz® with a query, for security reasons we will ask you to give us a call.
Changes to this Policy
Dr. Karlheinz® reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.